Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Michael Phelps "Sorry" For His Marijuana Pipe Photo

Michael Phelps Taking Marijuana
Michael Phelps Taking Marijuana
Career Ending Picture : Michael Phelps inhales from bong

Olympic swimming star Michael Phelps has apologized for his "regrettable" behavior after photographs surfaced of the athlete using a glass pipe associated with cannabis use.


British newspaper the News of the World published a shot of the gold medal-winning athlete holding the pipe - more commonly referred to as a bong - to his lips at a party in South Carolina that took place in November.

The publication alleges that Phelps was at a house visiting his secret girlfriend, student Jordan Matthews - and left partygoers shocked with his behavior.

In a statement released on Sunday, Phelps says, "I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment.

"I'm 23 years old, and despite the successes I have had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner that people have come to expect from me.

"For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public, it will not happen again."

News Courtesy: http://www.kjrh.com/
Image Courtesys: http://wcco.com/ and "News of the World"