Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tributes paid to Scots rugby player Gordon Mackay

Gordon Bulloch and Kenny Logan last night led the tributes to former team-mate Gordon Mackay who died suddenly at the age of 39.

Former Scotland captain Bulloch claimed Mackay, who had a solitary Under-21 cap, one of the best players never to have won full honours.

Mackay, who had been coaching Glasgow Accies, launched his career at Glasgow Academy and joined Accies, before a move to Stirling County and then France.

Bulloch said: "Gordon's career spanned the transition between amateur and professional rugby and I don't think his talents were fully rewarded.

"I can't recall hearing anybody saying anything negative about him and I was totally shattered when I heard the terrible news.

"My heart goes out to his wife and their two young children."

Logan added: "I played alongside 'Scnozz' both for Stirling County and Glasgow and he was a real fun guy.

"There aren't that many larger than life individuals in rugby in the professional era. He was one of them however."

News Courtsey: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/